Pages

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Ski Trip 2009

Over the last three day weekend, Greg and I went to Durango Colorado and went skiing and snowboarding with the college group from our church in Mesa, AZ. We left thursday afternoon and it was a 6-7 hour van ride to the cabin we have been staying at for years. There were 28 of us that went this year and I felt like it was the perfect size. We got situated Thursday night to get ready for the next 3 full days on the mountain.

Friday morning the group got up at 6:30am to get ready to go snowboarding and skiing. We had breakfast and then made our way to the mountain. The lifts opened at 9am so we were ready to head up the lift to the top of the mountain. My whole goal of the weekend was to get my brand new boots, bindings, and snowboard broken in! By the end of the first day I felt like I had my gear forever! It was a great feeling. :) We took a lot of blue runs down the mountain and caught up with some friends and went down the mountain together for some lunch. After lunch we took a little cat nap up at the lodge and was ready to go down the mountain again. 

Day 2 and 3 were more amazing than the 1st day. The fellowship and getting to spend time with people we don't normally get to see a whole lot of was awesome. Greg and I had a few trails on the mountain but we were able to communicate with each other and grow closer as a couple! The mountain was gorgeous with all the different amazing views we got see that God created.

Hopefully Greg and I will be able to continue on the tradition of the ski trip and have just as an amazing time or even a better time. On Monday we made our way back home after an amazing trip. It was nice to be back in Flagstaff, but it was hard, at least for me, to leave Colorado and come back into the realm of reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment