Pages

Saturday, June 6, 2009

Bridal Shower #1

On Monday June 1st the women of Trinity Baptist Church threw me a bridal shower. I feel so blessed to be a part of a church that is willing to do something like this for me. The shower was great! I had a blast and learned a few things about men (that were written by men) to help remind me how their mind works and how to be a successful wife. I will always keep my little "reminder box". A good one was that Greg gets really crappy when he hasn't eaten in a while and I can always tell, so that is a good time for me to ask him when the last time he has eaten and feed him if he needs food. 

My soon to be mother-in-law wrote the devotional for the shower and it was absolutely beautiful. I know that she loves me very much and thinks that I am a great match for her son. It is always hard, especially when its your first child, to let them go and see them happy and on their own. I hope children are a long ways down the road for us but I am happy to have such wonderful "grandparents" on both sides of the family to take care of my future kids. 

I opened my presents and they all are going to be helpful, especially in the kitchen, because I know that Greg and I will never go hungry because of how many recipes we got. Of course you need food to make the recipes, but that is another story. There were also a few unmentionable items that I received which are going to be great :) but there is no need to explain any details on that topic.

Thank you to all who put the shower together for me. I feel truly blessed! I had a great time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment