Pages

Friday, March 27, 2009

My 21st Birthday

Yesterday March 26th was my 21st birthday! I had a blast a had a few drinks. It felt nice. my friends and family are amazing and i was so glad that I could celebrate with them. I had one drink right after midnight and it was really good! :) Even though it was my birthday I still went to all my classes and then work before I could really relax and enjoy my day. Work was entertaining because my coworkers thought I was crazy for being there and tried to get me to go home. I stayed but they took one of the blueberry coffee cakes and made a candle and sang me happy birthday at the end of the shift. It was creative I must say. 

Once I got off work I came over to Greg's house where he threw me a small party. I had my closest friends over to celebrate and they enjoyed trying to encourage me to drink drink drink. haha. We had cake and just hung out and talked for a while. Nothing special but a great time to just hang out. I hadn't seen a lot of them since before spring break. I am a little tired today but feel that my alcohol intake has not inhibited me for today. I never really want to get to that point when I drink. I always want it to be a causal affair. Tonight Greg is taking me out to dinner and we are going to the Olive Garden here in Flagstaff. I might try some of their house wine or have a drink but it won't be anymore than that. 

Now that I am 21 it feels like I am a real adult. I feel more responsible now and that I am not a little kid. Its a weird feeling but so cool at the same time. 

1 comment: